Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ch 29 Teaser

Hope to have the new chapter out soon! :) Until then:


Opening the facebook app, I scrolled through her page looking for a status like “I’m at the airport!” or “Leaving for a week!” No such luck. Her wall was as empty as it’d been for months. In fact, her last update was sometime in January and it was vague in a way that wasn’t meant for me. I didn’t like that.

I dropped to the chair where I waited for her, exactly a year ago. I tapped the phone against my head willing her to appear, even if by magic. Why wouldn’t she come? What had changed? What the fuck had happened to Bella?

It was over. She wasn’t here. The lights were on in the big dining room. It was filling with attendees ready to eat crappy appetizers and figure out who in the crowd could help their career the most, who was the most worth talking to. I didn’t have it in me this year, not without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment